   Re: Off topic (Re: Embedding Content as Element Content or As An Attribu

  • From: Tad McClellan <tadmc@metronet.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 19:58:31 -0600 (CST)

> >An efficient language will provide not only a modeling syntax but also
> contractions.
> In the feb issue of Dr. Dobbs there is a fascinating interview with Larry
> Wall, creator of
> Perl. Being half linguist/half software genius he has some interesting things to
> say about the way languages evolve and the tension between ease of expression
> and language syntax. I found a resonance between what he was saying and the
> attribute/element content chestnut in SGML/XML.

I haven't seen that DDJ, but Larry's keynote from the recent Perl
conference is online:

   http://conference.perl.com/pub/talks/wall/keynote.html

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML Consulting
    tadmc@metronet.com                     Perl programming

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)