   Re: vCard DTD

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 26 Jan 1998 21:33:35 +0100

* Jason R. Cupp

| Is there an XML or SGML application to describe the vCard format? A
| quick scan of the usenet and web didn't turn up anything, probably
| because there are a lot of vCards published out there appended to
| posts.

vCard was originally created by the Versit Consortium, but has been
turned over to the Internet Mail Consortium, which has developed it
into an IETF draft.

You can find more info at
<URL:http://www.imc.org/pdi/>

A quick search of the text draft did not show the string "XML"
anywhere, so there may not be any such efforts afoot. An email to the
consortium should set the record straight.

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/        http://birk105.studby.uio.no/

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest