   "Name Spaces in XML" is released

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 08:41:53

Forwarded from Dan Connolly of the W3C about namespaces. It's very nice to
have this publicly.

Note that this is a NOTE; there are formal discussions taking place
elsewhere as part of the W3C process. If XML-DEV members have views on the
final form of XML-name (or whatever the final syntax is), they should be
directed to the appropriate organs; XML-DEV is not an appropriate forum. We
should confine ourselves to implementation issues (i.e. "in names-0119 it
says X. How do I implement this?" is appropriate ("I have built a freely
available prototype" is also good :-), but "I think it would be better if
they did Y" is likely to lead to prolonged discussions unrelated to
implementation).

There are now several publicly announced drafts (XLL, XSL, XML-data,
XML-names)  all of which are of great interest to members of this list. It
would be very useful if any member of appropriate WGs could let us know the
timescales, if any, associated with these projects.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

(un)subscribe xml-dev