   LISTADMIN: List stats, and archival

  • From: "Rzepa, Henry" <h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:11:15 +0100

Dear all,

In  15 months there have been  3188 postings from 899 subscribers
(with 309 subscribers to the digest list).

Around October this year, we will be publishing the proceedings of
electronic conference, and there will be an opportunity to include the
archive of xml-dev on the CD ROM.  Alternatively, Peter Murray-Rust
is intending to publish his JUMBO2 tutorials etc in CD.

It does seem worthwhile to try to preserve in some form the history
of a list such as  XML-DEV.Too often, such lists seem to evaporate
forever. I propose therefore to transfer the archive of this list to
a published CD ROM.  Lack of resources will prevent anything other than the
lightest of editing(removing duplicate footers, etc), unless someone
offers to do so with any intelligent parsing tools they may have.

Help/suggestions most welcome.

Dr Henry Rzepa,  Dept. Chemistry,  Imperial College,  LONDON SW7 2AY;
mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk; Tel  (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)