   XML and Delphi (was: Advice on XML editor development)

  • From: Jarle Stabell <jarle.stabell@dokpro.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:37:04 +0200

Marc Veldman wrote:

>For those of you who might be interested, I am currently doing some work on
>a tool written in Delphi. It includes a number of XML classes as well as some
>XML editing tools. Is anyone else doing XML developent in delhi ?

My company has used a *very* simple subset of SGML for some Delphi written
applications. We will migrate to XML in the future, or at least as
close/much as we practically can get.
(Due to the specific nature of one of our applications, 99% of the users of
this app would probably hate case-sensitivity, so we will probably
implement a flag to indicate whether to enforce this or not. This app may
also benefit quite a lot from the illegal short end tag (</>), so we will
implement a flag allowing this if our users want it. (We will of course
implement an XML exporter/"cleaner", which will "clean up"/remove our
non-XML compliant stuff))

We need something like Sax Level 2 for Delphi, as we need to update/edit
XML documents programmatically. (I haven't read the latest/final XML 1.0
spec yet, but I suspect that entity references represent the most "hairy"
aspect about programmatic updating of XML documents?)

Cheers,

Jarle Stabell
Digital Logikk AS

(un)subscribe xml-dev