   Re: DOM Confusion

  • From: Mike Champion <mcc@arbortext.com>
  • To: Ray <ray@guiworks.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:53:01 -0400

At 10:28 AM 4/30/98 -0400, Ray wrote:

>> This was a typo (mine!).  XMLNode should have been defined to inherit from
>> Node.  Sorry for all the confusion this has caused.
>
>Thanks for the correction Mike. The typo also extends to the
>Java language bindings on the W3C site (and also, I think both IBM
>XML4j and SAXDOM have this mistake too)

Something you all might want to know is that the DOM Core and XML API
descriptions are written in XML.  There are tag sets for class, method,
attribute, etc. descriptions that we use to define a single "master"
description of each part of the API, and we have a set of scripts that
generate the IDL and Java language bindings as well as the HTML
"publication" of the spec from the master XML source. [It's actually an
extremely cool application that demonstrates the power of XML, IMHO; credit
for it goes largely to Gavin Nichol].  This means that the various
definitions of the API are sure to be *consistent*, but if the master XML
is wrong, they all are wrong.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)