   Re: LISTRIVIA (was Re: Short Tags)

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo@hesketh.com>
  • To: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
> At 07:48 13/05/98 -0500, Michael Alaly wrote:
> >Just a small note I forgot to add in my last message:
> >
> >Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\ShortTag.htm"
>
> And just an attachment you forgot to omit from this one :-) I am afraid I'm
> quite persistent.

Peter, he's not sending attachments in the usual sense - he's using
an HTML emailer, which is sending both text and HTML version of the
message to the list - Eudora is reading the text version and saving
the HTML version. In pine, all I see are notices of MIME attachments,
so I usually just delete them without reading the message at all.

Email is about bare bones communication. Michael, get a better mailer
(Eudora used to be my favorite, but I've gone back to pine when they
started shipping 16MB worth of MSIE/OS upgrades with what used to be
a 4MB mail package) or learn how to configure the one you're using so
that it doesn't annoy the rest of the world with needless formatting
cruft.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Steven Champeon               | "Yeah, but come on. Push
http://hesketh.com/schampeo/  |  is dead. Nobody cares."

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)