   Free XML software list

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 13 May 1998 19:54:31 +0200

I'm pleased to announce that my list of XML software is now available
in categorized form with descriptions at

<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/linker/XMLtools.html>

For those of you who have made the software on this list: I'm trying
out an experimental auto-update feature with this list. If you want me
to be automatically notified when you release a new version of your
software (or when it moves to a new URL) you can now achieve that by
writing 6 lines of XML about your product and putting it online. The
necessary auto-update software is already written and tested, so you
can start using this immediately.

I may eventually make a Java client (or a CGI script) which end-users
can run to be informed of new releases of chosen products, but for the
moment that's just an idea.

Further instructions (with DTD and an example file) are available from

<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/linker/xmltools/vendorinfo.html>

--
"These are, as I began, cumbersome ways / to kill a man. Simpler, direct,
and much more neat / is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle /

 http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/      http://birk105.studby.uio.no/

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)