   Clarification: (was: A little wish...)

  • From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 04:12:27 -0400

Paul Prescod wrote:

> good...we always need some people to argue against features). The XML
> working group is full of people who have the ability to make decisions on
> a case by case basis. I think it is an insult to them to propose
> otherwise.

I did not mean that Liam intended to insult the working group. After all,
Eliot Kimber made the same argument, and he is on the group. It just seems
to me that it is an inadvertant insult, as if I said to a friend: "You
better not start eating those shrip, you'll never be able to stop." If
they
are not a chronic over-eater or shrimp-addict, then it would be strange
to suggest that in *this one case* they are likely to not know when
they are full. My friend would probably come to the conclusion that I
thought that he did not know what was best for himself.

"A writer is also a citizen, a political animal, whether he likes it or
not. But I do not accept that a writer has a greater obligation
to society than a musician or a mason or a teacher. Everyone has
a citizen's commitment."  - Wole Soyinka, Africa's first Nobel Laureate

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)