   RE: Name for XML DTDs

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:01:45

At 12:52 25/05/98 UT, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>We'd probably better wrap up the name contributions soon and start
deciding on
>which of these names is the best.  Then it'll be easier to identify what
>talking about, and the real arguments can begin.
Agreed. You choose what we start with. If we all come to love it, fine. If
we find that we redefine what it is we are creating - we'll need to rename
it. It is often said that the title is the last part of the book to be

I would suggest that you try to gather some *general* questions to start
with, especially the limits we need to set ourselves. Since I think it's
slightly less clear what we are trying to do here than in SAX it could be a
good idea to iterate on the questions.  I'd also suggest we set goals a la
X*L processes, etc.

1. XSD (or whatever it is called) should be easy to use
2. XSD should be compatible with (?and algorithmically transformable into?)
the equivalent DTD...
and so on.

net connection

(un)subscribe xml-dev