   Re: Proposed Goals, Rev. 2

  • From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
  • To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 00:21:50 -0400

Don Park wrote:

> 1. Proposed Goals would be quite a lot less confusing if SSD could be
> refered to as "XSD Document".

I prefer to keep the word "document" buried in the acronym because in
discussions of SDD verification, it should be reserved to mean the
document being verified. Otherwise all confusion will break loose.

> 2. Some of the goals are actually benefits of using XML and redundant.

Could you comment on which you think are redundant?

> 3. Relationship to DTD should be made more clear.

I don' think that there is a clear relationship to be described, at this
point. The only thing we know is that there should be a well-defined
conversion from SDDs to DTDs.

Three things to be wary of: A new kid in his prime
A man who knows the answers, and code that runs first time
http://www.geezjan.org/humor/computers/threes.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)