   RE: Extending XML

  • From: "Adam M. Donahue" <adam@cyber-guru.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:41:00 -0400

> You seem to be saying "Is there a way to use XML declaration syntax and
> processing model to define a language with a completely syntax?"
> In the case of your question, in SGML you can remap all delimiters and
> keywords to different strings. You can make any symbol or text string act as

Yes, this is what I was saying.  I have little experience with SGML
(unlike most of this group, it appears), so I was unaware of this
feature.  I guess the ability to implement the above was not included
in the XML specification in order to keep with the working group's
goal of making XML relatively simple and accessible.

Thanks for your additional points.

Adam

mailto:adam@cyber-guru.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev