   ANNOUNCE: RDF-DEV discussion list

  • From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:11:55 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Roy Tennant wrote:

> My apology if this is out of the scope of this list, but I do not know of
> any public RDF discussion. If this is inappropriate for this list, I will
> desist.

Now seems as good a time as any to announce the rdf-dev
discussion list. Named in tribute to xml-dev, I set this up a while ago
but haven't yet announced it properly, or completed the FAQ and list-scope
pages. But since the list itself is up and running, here goes. Note that,
as with xml-dev,  the rdf-dev list has no formal links with the W3C or the
RDF working groups. The list is intended for RDF developers and has a
stated (mild) bias towards resource discovery issues.

A number of people have already subscribed to rdf-dev and may be
wondering why there's been no traffic! The list is hosted
by the UK's Mailbase service, so subscription info, archives, a minimal
list scope statement etc are  available at

	http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/rdf-dev/

I'm very keen to see RDF-DEV aim for the high standards of discussion set
by the XML-DEV list under Peter's guidance. I'm also concerned that we
manage carefully the overlap between the two mailing lists' scope.  This
is something I'd like advice on from XML and RDF developers...

Dan

--
Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk
Research and Development Unit                    tel: +44(0)117 9288478

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest