   Re: words (RE: extensibility in XSchema?)

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>,xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:43:43

At 05:50 23/06/98 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
[...]
>Just so.  Mailcap files are stored locally, have a standard content,
>and can be added to locally.  They predate URLs, or the standard content
>would probably be incorporated by reference instead.

The main thing is they are universal (if you have a mailer of a browser you
will need this functionality somewhere). Because they are universal their
syntax is understood communally. We need something with those properties
for XML. Then the problem disappears...

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg