   Re: XSchema 1.0 proposals, preparing the ground

  • From: rbourret@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de (Ron Bourret)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:08:53 +0200

Simon St. Laurent wrote:

> This [adding an ID attribute to all XSchema elements] hasn't been implemented;
> discussion on it never really took off.  It's a
> fairly trivial piece to add. I worry that having both an ID and a name may
> seem confusing, and may be unnecessary since you can refer to pieces through
> XPointer by element type/attribute value and not just ID.
>
> If you think it's worth it, by all means, we can do it. Opinions?

At the risk of sounding totally ignorant (which is only half true), it occurred
to me that XLinks might cause problems here.  Specifically, if I transclude part
of one XSchema document into another, am I still guaranteed unique IDs?  This is
such a basic thing, that I hope XLink covers it, but I haven't dug far enough
into that spec to find out.

-- Ron Bourret

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest