   [ANN] Kludgey workarounds for xt

  • From: Andrew Bunner <bunner@massquantities.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 18:27:03 -0700

  Some of you may have already found that you can't include <,>,&,' or " in
the element content of an XSL or XML document and expect it to make it to a
generated HTML file without getting escaped to &lt;, etc.

  Since I want my generated HTML files to have Java Script, I needed a way
around this.

  I made a little Perl utility that makes it so that if you put...

<SCRIPT><![CDATA[
	function test (x) {
		return (x < 1);
	}
]]></SCRIPT>

  ...in an XML or XSL file, you can post-process the generated HTML file to
get back...

<SCRIPT>
	function test (x) {
		return (x < 1);
	}
</SCRIPT>

  For many of us, this is more useful than having "x < 1" get transformed
to "x &lt; 1".

  Those that are interested can go to
http://www.massquantities.com/xml-kludges/ to download the scripts and get
instructions on how to use them.

  If anyone knows of a better (read: not-so-hacked-up) way to do this, I'd
really like to hear about it.

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Founder Mass Quantities, Inc.
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)