   Re: Where are discussions about Schemas taking place?

  • From: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:35:45 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Mark Tucker wrote:

> Where is the proper forum to discuss Schemas?
>
> 	DCD		-- ?
> 	XSchema		-- here
> 	RDF Schemas	-- ?
>
> 	RDF in general	-- ?

For RDF Schemas and RDF in general, the only general public forum I'm
aware of is XML-DEV's sibling, RDF-DEV. This reminds me that a proper
charter, FAQ and website for that list is long overdue. Will try to get
this done within the fortnight. <blush/>

RDF-DEV signup info and archives are at:
	http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/rdf-dev/

Quite what we talk about where will doubtless evolve over time. RDF's
schema mechanism is defined in terms of the RDF abstract data model
layered above XML, and doesn't talk in terms of attributes and
elements, so might be better discussed on RDF-DEV. But the application
of the RDF data model to creating RDF vocabularies for describing
structured document types (DCD schemas, XSchema2?) would I imagine be
more at home here. Exploring the feasibility of mapping instances of
those doc types (rather than the schema) into RDF might be another
interesting thread to have sometime, somewhere...

Dan

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)