   RE: Document to XML Convertor

  • From: "Ding, Suli (GEIS)" <Suli.Ding@geis.ge.com>
  • To: "'Petr Smolik'" <petrs@brainsys.cz>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:44:52 -0500

Peter,

Very good question. I spent part of this weekend to make "doc2xml" to
recognize a XML template file addition to the one you saw and used before.
An new option -xXML_template_file is added. The XML template must has
<TEMPLATE> tag as a template root. <HDTXT> and <TLTXT> can be used to wrap
message around the generated XML document. It must be specified as XML
comment. For example,
	<HDTXT>
	<!--<?XML version="1.0" ?><DocumentRoo>-->
	</HDTXT>

<HEADER> is used to specified header, attributes can be specified as
attributes with <HEADER>. Five predefined attributes are reserved for the
Record Identifier (MATCH="nn"), alternate tag name (ALTTAG="nn"),
sub-element separator (SUB="nn"), element separator(SEP="nn"), record
terminator (TER="nn"). <RID> tag is used to tell where to extract
information from a record (or segment).

I updated the zip files except the one for SUN platform, you can get them
from
	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Platform/4871/

I converted the "edi.tbl" template file to a valid XML file and it is call
"edi.tbl.xml". It can be view at
	http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Platform/4871/editblxml.html

Let me know how you think. I will update my web page when I have time.

Thanks and best regards,

Suli Ding

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest