   Re: XPointer's sleeping ???

  • From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 12:35:42 -0600

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Hmmm... Eight months without a new draft, and everything past the draft is
> member confidential.  You know, if the W3C had a more open process, we
> might be a lot closer to the XLink standard we've all been craving...

Wasn't SAX designed on an open list?  Hasn't the schema been designed
on an open list? Most of the work XLink is based on is public.  All of
the information
you need to create open hypermedia linking is in the HyTime documents.
All of the XML syntax data is open.  Take the XLink draft, clean it up,
put new names on it, then publish it and implement it.  If you can
do that faster, you may get a better result.  If you decide to
adapt XLink when it is released, you probably won't too far off
the mark.

If a closed society doesn't provide results, open one.  So far, VRML
is doing pretty well with that approach.

len

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)