Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: "Simon St.Laurent" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: XML-Dev Mailing list <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:41:51 -0500
Many of you on this list have heard of Coins, a free tool for binding XML
documents to Java objects. Some of you have worked with it. Now, you have
the opportunity to contribute to Coins and explore its source code. Coins
is now Open Source Software. We are just starting to work on Version 4 and
would appreciate your participation.
Version 3, the previous version, is now available with a BSD-style license
at http://www.jxml.com/. Development of Version 4 is underway, and will be
carried out as an open source project.
The objectives of version 4 are:
- provide better support for working with multiple documents;
- develop a better data model;
- support a wider range of mappings between documents and
the application objects;
- make better use of reflection without a significant loss in speed; and
- provide an alternative to code generation.
Paul Rabin is working on an initial draft of the version 4 DTDs as
well as a specification. It should be available sometime early this
week for review.
For more information, please visit http://www.jxml.com.
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth (November)
Building XML Applications (December)
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)