   XML-DOM

  • From: Jeffrey Davis <Jeffrey_Davis@GTSI.com>
  • To: "'\"Amit Rekhi\" <amitr@abinfosys.com>'" <amitr@abinfosys.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:36:22 -0500

I'm not sure this is on target, but regarding your question in the XML-DEV
forum regarding XML DOM, there is a good article in the January, 1999 issue
of Web Techniques giving a JavaScript to build a DOM within the browser from
XML.

Not only was it older browser friendly, it was significantly faster than the
built-in support in Microsoft Internet Explorer, and worked in Netscape's
browser also.

Although they have downloadable source code on their site,
http://www.webtechniques.com, they do not yet have the code up for the
January issue, but I assume it will be there Real Soon Now!

mailto:Jeffrey_Davis@gtsi.com
Senior Programmer/Web Architect
(703) 502-2242 Voice
(703) 702-2349 Pager