   RE: Questions on DCD

  • From: "Arnold, Curt" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>
  • To: 'Maneesha Jain' <Maneesha.Jain@Ebay.Sun.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:47:49 -0700

Maneesha Jain [mailto:Maneesha.Jain@Ebay.Sun.COM] wrote

>>1)
>>If I define an ElementDef type "A", and then a ElementDef type "B"
>>which could contain two elements/members of type A. How do I define that
?Question 1:

What you appear to want to do is something equivalent to a (A,A) content in
the DTD.  You would do this (approximate syntax).  (This requires you to
have two A's)

<ElementDef Type="B">
	<Group RDF:Order="Seq">
		<Element Name="A"/>
		<Element Name="A"/>
	</Group>
</ElementDef>

If you could have 0 or two A (A,A)+, you would do

<ElementDef Type="B">
	<Group RDF:Order="Seq" Occurs="Optional">
		<Element Name="A"/>
		<Element Name="A"/>
	</Group>
</ElementDef>

I don't believe there is a way to restrict content to 0,1, or 2.  The best
you could do is allow 0 or more A's (A*) have have to limit it in your
processor

<ElementDef Type="B">
	<Group RDF:Order="Seq" Occurs="ZeroOrMore">
		<Element Name="A"/>
	</Group>
</ElementDef>

>> 5) Where is the DTD for DCD ?

One of the guys from IBM (Dean Roddey?) posted a experimental DTD for DCD to
this mailing list a few days after the announcement of DCD.  You should be
able to locate it in the message archives (see mailing list trailer for
locations).

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)