Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Ray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "ListServer, XML-Developer" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:21:23 -0800
I will be evaluating Object Design's eXcelon XML Data Server for a
period of 90 days on behalf of an organization of the US Government.
Should the initial evaluation prove successful, the evaluation will be
extended for an additional 180 days.
Our intent is to replace traditional relational databases (oracle,
sybase, etc.) with an object based XML repository that can manage
primitive and complex data types as follows:
1) Persistent storage of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPEG, MicroStation and
Acrobat documents as complex types.
2) Subsequent conversion of Word and WordPerfect documents to XML
3) Traditional database operations and navigation utilizing primitive
4) Subsequent replacement of word processing documents with XML
documents and style sheets.
Any input on eXcelon and XML for this evaluation would be greatly
Please respond to both this address and:
Thanks in advance.
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)