   Re: Why SAX needs namespace support

  • From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: XML Developers' List <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:27:04 +0100

i suspect i stand in a (very small) minority on this issue, but with respect
to the diagram (http://www.simonstl.com/articles/layering/layered2.gif.) the
"namespace transformation" should appear at least above "attribute
defaulting". i fear i stand in an even smaller minority on the second claim -
that it belongs above entity resolution. perhaps not in the current spec, but
time will tell.

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> For a discussion of how this might work, see my rough essay "Toward A
> Layered Model for XML", available at
> http://www.simonstl.com/articles/layering/layered.htm.  If you just want a
> quick look at a picture that adds namespace support to a possible set of
> layered event-based processes, see

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)