   Re: Why SAX needs namespace support

  • From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: "xml-dev@ic.ac.uk" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:52:49 +0100

Bill la Forge wrote:

> >Why not permit the application to bind an instance to perform the respective
> >operations. It's more powerful and no harder to implement or to use?
>
> At one level, that's what we are doing with filters in MDSAX. But it gets awkward
> to use at the next level up.

I undersand this. I don't understand the advantage which expressing the
effective delegation indirectly through symbolic options values has over
expressing it directly through explicit delegates. If one wants to delay the
binding or turn that over to the factory, then pass class names instead of
instances. ?

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)