   Re: Frontier as a scalable XML repository (was Re: Is XML dead alread

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 06:17:00 -0800

>>That's good--but does that apply to templates as well?

Yes.

BTW, Frontier is not primarily even a web server. It's a content management
system. Organizations often serve on other systems.

I'm sorry I can't handle level of request for feedback at this time. I
think you've figured out the reality. We do systems for web content
management. That's our focus. In 1997 and 1998 we added a lot of XML
support. It hasn't been integrated into our marketing materials. We don't
know to talk to people like you. We want to learn.

About your cynicism about delivery based on experience, please don't give
that to us. We do deliver. This is Frontier 6 in the pipe, not Frontier 2.

Frontier has nothing to do with CGI scripts! How could you have gotten that
impression? (OK, we can do CGIs, but that isn't what makes us special.)

OK, anyway let's try another tack..

Look at this site:

http://www.scripting.com/contentserver/

This may be closer to what you're looking for.

One final note, thanks for the kind words about the reliability of the
software, and the fact that we don't ask you to reboot. We fought hard for
that kind of simplicity. We don't show the first-time user everything we
can do.

Dave

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest