   Re: Opinions requested

  • From: MikeDacon@aol.com
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:01:01 EST

Hi Chad,

cadams@cascadecc.com writes:
> Forgive me for the generic question, I'm to the point of betting the bank on
>  XML, and I'm looking for a pat on the back, or a voice of warning....

Before you bet the bank, you need to make sure you are not
dependent on any part of the XML family of specifications that are
not complete, nor have a variety of stable implementations from different
vendors.

XML will revolutionize the web ... but the key word there is "will".

A small company cannot afford to wait for a market to mature.

As one who has been part of a small company that jumped on a
technology too soon in the maturity curve (like Java 1.02),
I would recommend caution.

Best wishes,

 - Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Author of Java 2 and JavaScript for C/C++ Programmers
Author of C++ Pointers and Dynamic Memory Management
Sun Certified Java Programmer and Developer
http://www.gosynergy.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)