   RE: Opinions requested

  • From: "Smith, Adrian" <asmith@drumbeat.com>
  • To: "'Jeffrey E. Sussna'" <jes@kuantech.com>, 'Chad Adams' <cadams@cascadecc.com>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:19:26 -0800

There actually is an XDBMS.  It predates XML.  This dates back to around
1965/1966.  The database created was titled "IMS" for Information
Management System, it was created by IBM and used an hierarchical model
for the data.  It had all the same characterstics of XML with almost the
exact same set of constructs and shortcomings.

Thanks!
Adrian

Worthless.
	-Sir George Bidell Airy, KCB, MA, LLD, DCL, FRS, FRAS
(Astronomer Royal of Great Britain), estimating for the Chancellor of
the Exchequer the potential value of the "analytical engine" invented by
Charles Babbage, September 15, 1842.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)