   Re: Expat API

  • From: Andy Dent <dent@oofile.com.au>
  • To: Dave Slotter <slotter@maya.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:02:47 +0800

>My question is: where is the documentation on how to use the expat
>API? I downloaded version 1.0.2 and ported the code to run the sample
>program on my Macintosh, but I'm pretty much dead in the water. I
>tried sending email to the author (James Clark) twice in the last few
>days, but I have so far failed to receive a response. The comments in
>the header files do not seem to be sufficient.

Dave

We have a c++ wrapper on expat running under CodeWarrior as part of a much
bigger project to make our report writer interchange data with XML. You're
welcome to a copy.

It makes the expat API a LOT easier to use if you are a c++ programmer as
it presents a virtual method interface to expat - you inherit from our
object and override the methods (eg: startElement) that you want to use.

When it's a bit more cleaned up with better samples I'll be submitting it
back to James.

Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest