   RE: Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: <Marc.McDonald@Design-Intelligence.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, <david@megginson.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:19:06 -0800

So make a namespace declaration a PI and add an "not using this
namespace anymore" PI. Then use simple occurrence scoping:

Process result:
<?XMLNS prefix="foo" uri="...">
<XMLENDNS prefix="foo">

Process gets to define the prefixes that override any previous
definition, old definition (if any) restored by XMLENDNS. No problem
with concatenation.

Marc B McDonald
Principal Software Scientist
Design Intelligence, Inc