   Re: Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
  • To: Marc.McDonald@Design-Intelligence.com
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:41:29 +1300

Documents resulting from queries run on the concatenated document would tend
to cause problems, as query results don't generally return the context of the
XML elements returned.  This problem also applies to queries run across
multiple documents unless their DTD's are identical, which perhaps suggests
that an answer to this problem has to come from the query languages.

Andrew McNaughton

Andrew McNaughton
andrew@squiz.co.nz
http://www.newsroom.co.nz/