   RE: XML DATA

  • From: LUCIO PICOLLI <lucio.piccoli@one2one.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:48:00 +0000

Thanks for info below Ronald.
I am very interested in the SOX schema. I guess i'll might as asked a
similar question as before. What is the take up of SOX in the XML
community? What do other people use to mapping native data type in XML?

 -lucio

> > I would like to know the status of XML Data proposal and
> it's take up in
> > the XML community. Currently the only XML data parser that
> i found is
> > from MS. Does anyone else plan on supporting XML Data in the future?
> > If not, what is the alternative to XML DATA ?
>
> Outside of the Microsoft parser, XML Data is probably dead.
> There are
> three other schema proposals (SOX, DCD, and DDML) and the W3C
> is currently
> working on their own.  XML Data is significant in that it
> seems to be the
> only schema language that is publicly supported by a parser.
>
> You can find the various schema language specs at:
>
> SOX: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-SOX/
> DCD: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-dcd
> DDML: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-ddml
> XML-Data: http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/NOTE-XML-data/
> W3C XML Schema requirements: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-schema-req
>
> and an overview of the various schema languages at:

http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/DVS1/staff/bourret/xml/xmlschemas/

index.htm OR
http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/DVS1/staff/bourret/xml/xmlschemas/

XMLSchemas.ppt