   Re: Are we ready to resolve the Mod??SAX name?

  • From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
  • To: Bill la Forge <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:50:47 -0500

Bill la Forge wrote:

> This would force the use of fully qualified names and create
> name conflicts for programmers used to simply importing
> the classes being used.

I suppose if you use "import org.xml.sax.*;" then you have
a problem, yes, because you can't just add "import org.xml.opensax.*;"
to it.  But if you import individual class names it's no problem:
if you use opensax.Parser, you never need to refer to sax.Parser
any more, since it is subsumed.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)