   How to ??

  • From: raju <raju@wipinfo.soft.net>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:56:41 +0530

Hi friends,
	I'm Rajendra Kadam.
I had gone through book 'Just XML'. It is really interesting.Currently I'm writing an XML Editor using the XML Library provided by Sun. ( Java-X project.)  But I'm facing some problems. I will now explain in detail my problem :

	For Eg. I have an xml file "catalog.xml"  with its DTD in "catalog.dtd". I'm attaching the both the files here.

	Now in my XML Editor, whenever an Element has an attribute, I want to display the all values that an attribute can take with current assigned value.
	But when I gone through the Java-X document, I got methods that will give me the current value of the attribute of an element. But is there any way, so that I can get the all possible values for an attribute in my Application ??
	In above DTD, PRODUCT element has an attribute CATEGORY which can have any one of the following values :
	" Handtool | Table | Shop-Professional " with default value "Handtool". So my question is, how can I get the all above three values for the attribute CATEGORY in my Application.

	Sorry for asking you problem by personally sending mail.

	Thanking you,
	Rajendra B. Kadam.

catalog.dtd

catalog.xml