   RE: How to ??

  • From: Niranjan Rao <nrao@Apptivity.com>
  • To: "'raju'" <raju@wipinfo.soft.net>, "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:35:55 -0800

I am also facing similar problems. I don't want to write attribute and
it's value if the value of attribute is same as DTD. I don't want to
hard code these values in my code, but rather want to get it from DTD.
Are there any API's that can return information about DTD - like
elements allowed here, default and allowed values for attributes etc.

IBM's XML4J had some support but I could not locate methods to get
default values from a DTD.

Thanks for any help,

- Niranjan

The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience,
and Hubris.
 	- From the perl manual.

>	But when I gone through the Java-X document, I got methods that will give me
>the current value of the attribute of an element. But is there any way, so
>that I can get the all possible values for an attribute in my Application ??
>	In above DTD, PRODUCT element has an attribute CATEGORY which can have any
>one of the following values :
>	" Handtool | Table | Shop-Professional " with default value "Handtool". So
>my question is, how can I get the all above three values for the attribute
>CATEGORY in my Application.
>
>	Sorry for asking you problem by personally sending mail.
>
>	Thanking you,
>	Rajendra B. Kadam.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest