   Re: [OFF] who's on the XML WG?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:11:40 -0500

At 06:55 AM 3/17/99 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>len bullard writes:
>
> > Wow! I can just see all of those journalists, wannabes and industry
> > spies camping outside David Megginson's door.  Almost like being a
> > rock star without the sex.
>
>Without the drugs, too (I can barely handle children's chewable
>multivitamins).
>
>RFC: New mailing list, XML-Group-Therapy.

Wow.  I always thought Spy vs. Spy was the funniest part of MAD Magazine,
but I didn't expect to set off this kind of entertainment.  Can't say I
thought it would be this complex or the source of so much angst.

And as anyone who has listened to me for the last two years is aware, I'm
hardly a responsible XML journalist.  (Haven't gone to a show on a press
badge in a long, long, time!)  Since my books have such long schedules (one
is verging on infinite, it seems), a slip today would likely be old news in
six months to a year, when the book arrives.  Community member, developer,
commentator, sometimes critic, perhaps.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies