   Re: IDL2XML converter

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 18 Mar 1999 12:54:07 +0100

* LUCIO PICOLLI

| I am curious about the progress of a IDL to XML converter. [...] In
| fact if any one has any thoughts about a IDL2XML converter i would
| like to hear from them.

I'm currently working on an IDL parser in Common Lisp. (I chose this
language because using the META technique it's very easy to write
parsers in it. They're also fast.)

For the moment I parse a subset of what it looks like CORBA 3.0 IDL
will look like (and also the CIDL introduced by the CORBA Component
Model Spec). I now produce equivalent 2.2-IDL and Java code from this,
and will later produce component packaging XML and possibly also
HTML/XML documentation.

| I suspect that the main obstacle is in the IDL data type mappings.

Hmmm. Now you lost me. What kind of IDL2XML converter did you have in
mind? Did you really mean a CDR2XML converter? Or IIOP2XML-RPC?

--Lars .

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)