   RE: IDL2XML converter

  • From: LUCIO PICOLLI <lucio.piccoli@one2one.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk, larsga@ifi.uio.no
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:56:00 +0000

> | I suspect that the main obstacle is in the IDL data type mappings.
>
> Hmmm. Now you lost me. What kind of IDL2XML converter did you have in
> mind? Did you really mean a CDR2XML converter? Or IIOP2XML-RPC?

Neither i was thinking of converting a IDL into a DTD. The DTD will need
to suport data types. Any XML doc generated from that DTD could then be
used to pass data between ORB's instead of IIOP.I am sure it not a
original idea. This XML-RPC sounds interesting though.

This XML-RPC things looks good but i don't know what it is as i have only
founds a few lightweight docs on it. I searched w3C but i can't find it.
Has it been submitted to W3C?

 -lucio

> --Lars .
>

> xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post,
mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on
CD-ROM/ISBN
981-02-3594-1