   RE: Article on IE5 support of web standards...

  • From: "Matthew Sergeant (EML)" <Matthew.Sergeant@eml.ericsson.se>
  • To: "'Buss, Jason A'" <jabuss@cessna.textron.com>, "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:09:43 +0100

Out of interest along these lines, for those that don't already know -
mozilla.org have released M3 (milestone 3) of mozilla. I'd consider this
pre-alpha now (whereas gecko wasn't even that), and it's got some really
neat features - like the whole UI for navigator and mail/news and editor is
built in XML - and you can edit it and change the layout completely. Nice.

However the disappointment is that it appears that they aren't using expat
yet (why???). I tried editing my .xul file to contain this:

Obvioulsy totally wrongo. But it parsed it and displayed a <h1> just fine.
No error messages. I'm submitting a bug report now.

Matt.
--
http://come.to/fastnet
Perl on Win32, PerlScript, ASP, Database, XML

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)