   Parser2 modification

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 25 Mar 1999 19:35:16 +0100

 public abstract void setHandler (String handlerID, ModHandler handler)
    throws SAXNotSupportedException;

I think we should allow this method to throw a
SAXInvalidConfigurationException, to be used to solve the
LexicalHandler/normalize-text problem and similar problems that may
appear with other non-core handlers.

I suggested about 10 seconds ago a SAXInvalidValueException, and I
suppose these two could be merged, since they are roughly the same
thing.

  public abstract void setFeature (String featureID, boolean state)
    throws SAXNotSupportedException;

Also, I think this method should be allowed to throw the
SAXInvalidConfigurationException so that it can complain about things
like non-existent catalog files, catalog files with syntax errors etc

Or maybe something even more generic would be the best.

--Lars M.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)