   RE: Is there anyone working on a binary version of XML?

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:35:42 -0500 (EST)

Simon St.Laurent writes:

 > One of these days I'd really love to stop talking about what is and isn't
 > XML, though I know it's fun, and start talking about what we can do with
 > XML and XML-like structures, whether they are SAX event flows, DOM trees,
 > or binary formats that build on an XML foundation.
 >
 > We might even get some real work done - and it might even be fun.

Nah, we're getting work done already -- we need to goof off once in a
while.

Here's my translation of the above paragraph:

 One of these days I'd really love to stop talking about what is and
 isn't XML, though I know it's fun, and start talking about what we
 can do with structured documents, whether they're in text format (as
 XML, HTML, SGML, etc.), in binary format, in databases, or available
 through abstract interfaces like SAX, the DOM, and Groves.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/

(un)subscribe xml-dev