   LISTADMIN: No attachments to list messages PLEASE

  • From: "Rzepa, Henry" <h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:04:38 +0000

> ------_=_NextPart_000_01BE77DC.DA4DA186
>
> Here is that document you asked for ... don't show anyone else ;-)
>

> ------_=_NextPart_000_01BE77DC.DA4DA186

Regarding the above message,  I must say most strongly that attaching
enclosures to list postings is HIGHLY discouraged (not to mention
asking them not to show it to anyone else!).  Apart from the risk
of a virus, it also means everyone on the list has to suffer the inconvenience
of downloading a document they might not want, and in many cases might
not be able to read (Unix etc).

I must say here that in future, anyone attaching a document to a posting
may  be unsubscribed from the list without warning. This includes the
visiting card (vcf) attachments, which are also considered bad list etiquette.

If you do wish to bring a document to the attention of the list, then place
it on an ftp/http server somewhere so that anyone interested can download
it themselves (the pull rather than the push option).

Henry Rzepa. +44 171 594 5774 (Office) +44 171 594 5804 (Fax)
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)