   Re: Fast filter support in SAX2

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: 27 Mar 1999 20:27:48 +0200

* Bill la Forge

| I'd like to suggest another method in Parser2:
|
|     public String unique(String);
|
| as well as a featureID for requesting unique element and attribute
| names.

Bill, is this meant to be an interface to the string interning scheme
of the parser? If so, maybe we should call it intern?

Anyway, if that's what it is I support it. I'm a bit unsure why you
think the unique method is needed, though. What kinds of uses do you
have in mind for it?

| If a parser supports both the unique feature and provides access to
| its element stack,

Hmmm. I think this should be skipped. We'll need a special interface
to represent the stack, and parsers will probably have to do some
internal juggling to weed out information from the internal stack
that's only for internal use (and to adapt it to the SAX2 interface).

I think the result will be lower performance than if the application
maintained its own element stack.

--Lars M.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest