   Re: xhtml and the p tag

  • From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@discerning.com>, "XML List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:43:54 -0500

Hi,
The following is an extract from the strict4.0 DTD

In HTML 4.0 a paragraph can only contain an inline element, just the same as
in XHTML

<!ELEMENT P - O (%inline;)*            -- paragraph -->
<!ATTLIST P
  %attrs;                              -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --

Frank (speaking for myself)

Frank Boumphrey

XML and style sheet info at Http://www.hypermedic.com/style/index.htm