   RE: Webdeveloper article on MS-XML in Office 2000....

  • From: "DuCharme, Robert" <DuCharmR@moodys.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "'Buss, Jason A'" <jabuss@cessna.textron.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:08:45 -0400

>Has anyone read the latest article on XML implementation in Office
2000?

I think that a better name than "MS-XML" would be "XRTF," since it looks
like an XML app whose goal is to replace RTF. Any replacement for "rich"
text "format" that conforms to a real DTD that we can all find somewhere
is a Good Thing, but as Simon pointed out (I think), the problem with
the article is that it doesn't put this MS-XML into perspective as one
XML application among many out there.

Bob DuCharme       www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com>  see www.snee.com/bob/xmlann for "XML:
The Annotated Specification" from Prentice Hall.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)