   RE: intercepting internal entities?

  • From: "DuCharme, Robert" <DuCharmR@moodys.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:19:55 -0400

We're dealing with English-language documents in which occasional
company names and city names have foreign accents, but two names could
come from two different languages, so we can't generalize about mapping
rules. For example, one document could mention Lowenbräu and the next
could mention Nestlés, which we're better off mapping to "Lowenbrau" (as
opposed to "Lowenbraeu") and "Nestles" respectively for display on
Bloomberg terminals, etc.

tschuess,

Bob

(un)subscribe xml-dev