   Re: New schema spec

  • From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:14:22 -0500

roddey@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Is
> there any way that such a system could be reasonably confirmed to be
> non-ambigious (and by reasonable I mean very fast and small amount of code.)
> And, given that, is there any way that it could be validated against in some
> less than exhaustive search way?

I haven't been completely through the schema spec yet, but let me ask you
two questions: what definition of ambiguity are you using and why do you
care? XML DTDs explicitly allow ambiguity in content models so why
wouldn't schemas?

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

And so, in one of history's little ironies, the global triumph of bad
software in the age of the PC was reversed by a surprising combination
of forces: the social transformation initiated by the network, a
long-discarded European theory of political economy, and a small band
of programmers throughout the world mobilized by a single simple idea.
 - http://old.law.columbia.edu/my_pubs/anarchism.html

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)