   Dynamic HTML/PDF's

  • From: "Jeff Langdon" <jlangdon@copeland.com>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:36:32 -0400

Please excuse the non-XML question, but I have to start somewhere.

As a developer I am learning all I can about XML, XSL, etc. and I greatly
appreciate all the good information I get from these mailing lists, but my
company will be living in the dark ages for some time to come, so my focus here
is working with HTML and PDF's.

I need to find a way to make a PDF (or similar technology ) dynamic.

Example -  When a client clicks on a hyperlink I want the PDF to come up with
the ability to dynamically through a scripting language or some other technology
append a gif or jpeg ( company logo ) to the document.  I am using generic forms
in conjunction with numerous company logos.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Please feel free to contact me directly since this is not really an XML question
- jlangdon@copeland.com

TIA,

Jeff Langdon
Senior Web Developer