   Getting the value of the xmlns attribute

  • From: "james@xmlTree.com" <james@xmltree.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:21:24 +0100

Sorry if this is the inappropriate place to post this question.

I've got some RDF data like
<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:rdf = "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
  xmlns="http://my.netscape.com/rdf/simple/0.9/">
   <channel>
     <title>Internet Alchemy</title>
     <link>http://alchemy.openjava.org/</link>
     <description>Internet Alchemy - last published 7/May/1999</description>
   </channel>
</rdf:RDF>

I want to get the value of the xmlns attribute, so I tried to use
objSource.selectSingleNode("rdf:RDF/@xmlns"), which does not return an attribute object.
The method call objSource.selectSingleNode("rdf:RDF/@xmlns:rdf") *does* return an
attribute object.

It seems that because xmlns is a reserved word, this particular method call does not
return an attribute object.  Is there a way around this?

p.s. Using XMLDOM from Microsoft IE 5.00.2014.0216

Many thanks in advance,
James Carlyle

james@xmltree.com
www.xmltree.com - directory of XML content on the web