   Re: [Question] Re: XLink: behavior must go!

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:39:56 -0400

At 06:05 PM 5/16/99 -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
>If a processor it sees <MYLINK ... BEHAVIOR="popup()"> how does the
>processor know which of the many programming language "plugins" it should
>be passed to?

Hmm.... I didn't think it'd work quite like that.

I figured BEHAVIOR would be an ordinary attribute - say, "popup" instead of
"popup()", which the style sheet or other app-specific gizmo then converts
to "popup()" as appropriate, knowing what the context was supposed to be.
Sort of like a selector for CSS Action Sheets, if they get off the ground.

I don't know if that would improve your opinion of BEHAVIOR any, but I
can't say I find it as threatening as I would if I'd thought of it your way.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (June)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest